When it comes to desserts, we all prefer homemade for our little ones, don’t we? We prefer to know the ingredients being used, control the quality of these ingredients and the quantity of sugar and unnecessary fats found in store-bought products. Below is a practical and quick recipe to be served as breakfast or school snack.
Nutritional tip for vegan and vegetarian babies: Bananas are important for children between 6 and 8 months old as it helps in the absorption of Iron and formation of Hemoglobin! Melons, strawberries, and citrus fruits are all great options.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
2. Mix flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir bananas, canola oil, and coconut milk together in a separate bowl. Pour in banana mixture into flour mixture until smoothly combined.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Feel free to replace the Bananas and the coconut milk with a different kind of fruit or regular milk, you can also decrease the amount of sugar and you can even replace regular flour with whole wheat! All equally Yummy! So if you’re passionate about baking, get all creative and work your magic!